Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Scarecrow

While searching for a method to keep my garden safe from all that prey on veggies I came across a little item called The Scarecrow, it seemed too good to be true.  How can something so simple and organic possibly work??  I was looking for something to keep the birds and deer away so I bought one and had my dear husband install it in the garden for me.  The instructions say it will cover up to 1000 square feet, I'm not sure about that but I don't think I need another one in my garden.  The noise alone is enough to scare some critters.






As you can see, it's quite intimidating to look at.  It has a motion detector that goes off when it senses a presence in the garden and sends out a 2-3 cup shot of water to frighten the predator away.  It uses a 9 volt battery and hooks up to your garden hose.  I don't know who invented this baby but I think they're a genius.



The Scarecrow has been working great so far and I ordered another one to put in my second garden.  I bought both of them for less than $100 on Amazon.  I think that's a pretty good deal.  I just put the stickers on mine yesterday and they look so much better with the stickers.  They say the look alone scares off some pests. 

Now I need to work on some organic bug deterrents.  Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. what a great 'scarecrow'! I just sent the link to my dad for his koi pond... the herons have been having a feast on my dad's fish :)

    ReplyDelete